Every client staying at Quinta de San Amaro Hotel & Restaurant has a visit to an Albariño winery with tasting. We also offer a wine tourism package including two of the following wineries. (Visit + tasting)
Price of the two visits 10 euros per person.It is necessary to make a reservation in advance
DISCOVER THE BEST SECRET OF ALBARIÑOS WINES!
Sub-area Val do Salnés
Val do Salnés occupies the peninsula of the same name between the estuaries of Pontevedra and Arosa in the lower part of the Umia river. Its dynamic center is the city of Cambados, full of beautiful pazos. The vineyard is cultivated in small hills that do not exceed 100 m above sea level. The name of Salnés comes from the salt mines exploited in the Middle Ages, which had a high economic interest in fish salting.
This distinguishing but risky mark of product identity, our desire to think outside of the box and the achievement of brand recognition worldwide are the three pillars of Paco & Lola’s winemaking philosophy. They are behind absolutely everything we do, from our packaging and bottle design, -with Paco & Lola’s signature crisp, bold polka dots-, to the entire winemaking process itself. By being true to this philosophy we have established ourselves as one of the most recognized wineries within the appellation Rías Baixas.
And the foundation on which these pillars stand is to make exceptional wines for exceptional people.
Adega Eidosis a family winery that starts its business project on year 2000, under the D.O Rias Baixas with a making wine history since 1993, inaugurating its new building on year 2003. The winery is located at the southern end of the subarea “Val do Salnés”, protected by the hill of Padriñan, where we can find a lot of small plots which feeds the winery.
• Explanation of the area and different subareas that D.O Rias Baixas has, location of the winery and short walk around laboratory and upper Gateway of deposits area
• Always that climate and time allow it, we will make a walk over the plots close to the winery, where we show the characteristics geophysical of the area, grape characteristics and short explanation about the harvest.
• The visit will follow at the grape collection area, there we will use an explanation video where people could see more deeply the different parts of the harvest, grape collection, selection, analysis of the grape, weighting, maceration, pressing, bagazo pick up and it pass of the musk to the tanks
• Later we will go to the tanks area where sedimentation, fermentation, settling and musk fermentation and stabilization takes place. Also there winery will decide the difference among the different wines of the winery: Eidos,Veigas , Contraaparede and Eidos Barrica.
• Wine making process finish with the bottling of the wine, visitor will go to bottling and labelling area, where we explain visitors all the process since the wine gets out of the tank till the final labelling
• Finally visitor will be invited to taste our wines
• Total time of the visit would be around 45-60 minutes, but we can be flexible with visitors demands as much as our capabilities and infrastructures allow us
WALK AMONG THE VINEYARDS OF THE ATLANTIC OCEAN
A PLACE FOR THE ENJOYMENT OF THE SENSES. DON’T MISS THE OPPORTUNITY TO DISCOVER A WORLD THAT WILL CHANGE YOU
At Bodegas GRANBAZÁN we offer our visitors a complete range of wine tourism activities to disconnect and relax by taking a beautiful walk through our vineyard, or discovering the origins of viticulture at the Rías Baixas region , the history of Albariño and the relevance of our winery as a pioneer in the elaboration of our unique white wines.
Here the grapes grow caressed by the sea breezes and it is where the elegant and fruity white wines are made under the GRANBAZÁN brand.
FUSION OF TOURISM, WINEMAKING AND GALICIAN GASTRONOMY
MAKE YOUR TRIP UNFORGETTABLE
The privileged geographical situation of Bodegas GRANBAZÁN makes it a perfect place for hiking, enjoying the forests, rivers and mill routes, as well as numerous nearby points with great architectural and cultural relevance .
GRANBAZÁN is only 2 km from the estuary and the unique Isla de Arosa, surrounded by a landscape that makes it even more special.
It is worth mentioning the viewpoint of Mount Lobeira, a beautiful balcony overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. As well as the nearby points with great architectural and cultural importance : Cambados Wine Museum (5 km) and the cities of Pontevedra (25 km), Santiago de Compostela (55 km) and Vigo (35 km)
One of the routes of the Camino de Santiago -Portuguese Way- in its coastal variant also passes through our farm.
Tuesday to Friday: 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Saturdays: 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. In the afternoons on request Sundays and holidays: Upon prior request Languages: Spanish, English and French. Activity free of architectural barriers.
Children free up to 8 years old.
– DOES NOT INCLUDE TRANSPORTATION –
QUINTA DE SAN AMARO
WOULD YOU LIKE TO BOOK A ROOM?
We encourage you to get to know and enjoy Galicia the four seasons of the year.
“We will make it our obligation to help you enjoy Galicia and your stay at our hotel to the fullest. We await you!